|6-7 cups chopped greens – kale, escarole, rapini or other dark green leafy vegetables or a combination of 2 or 3 different greens.||14.5 ounce can fire roasted crushed tomatoes ( or use liquid veggie bouillon by Pacific or Imagine in place of tomatoes)|
|2 TB. Extra Virgin Olive Oil||1 tsp. GF soy sauce or tamari|
|½ medium onion, diced|
|4-5 cloves minced garlic||15 ounce can organic Cannellini Beans|
|1/8 tsp. unrefined sea salt||Vegan Parmesan Cheese|
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
One tsp. dried oregano
|¼-1/2 cp. vegan shredded Mozzarella|
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. When oil is hot, add onion, sprinkle with salt, and sauté over medium high heat 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes then add oregano and crushed red pepper and sauté 1-2 minutes more.
- Add the chopped greens and sauté a few minutes.
- Next add the crushed tomatoes, ½ cup water, and soy sauce or tamari. Cover and simmer over low heat 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Then stir in the beans and cook 10 minutes more.
- Place in serving bowls over rice, polenta, or pasta, and sprinkle with vegan Parmesan and/or vegan mozzarella shreds.
Non-Vegan – Use grated goat mozzarella and sprinkle with grated pecorino romano (sheep cheese).
I like Muir Glen brand of crushed tomatoes.
You can add other vegetables of your choice. I added some zucchini I had on hand.
Variation: You can make this into a Greens and Beans Soup by adding a 32 ounce carton Imagine liquid No-chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth, 2 cps. water, and 2 tsp. soy sauce at the same time you add the crushed tomatoes.