Out of stock
WheatRescue™ is a unique blend of powerful digestive enzymes and probiotics designed to support optimal gluten digestion and protect against hidden sources of gluten. DPP-IV and Tolerase G® are specific enzymes that assist in the breakdown of glutenin and gliadin proteins, which can help alleviate symptoms associated with dietary gluten intolerance and sensitivity.
WheatRescue™ combines resilient probiotic spores with superior digestive enzymes to support the complete digestion of gluten and other inflammatory wheat-derived peptides within 60 to 90 minutes.
Gluten is a combination of two storage proteins, glutenin and gliadin, that are found in the middle layer, or endosperm, of various cereal grains. Normally, the pancreas secretes digestive enzymes, like proteases and peptidases, to help break down proteins like gluten. However, imbalances in gut bacteria and the normal aging process can limit the body’s natural ability to produce these necessary digestive enzymes.
Take one capsule with a meal 3 times daily. For ages 8+
- Fungal Protease: Proteases break apart peptide bonds in proteins, often in a very specific way. They are split between endopeptidases and exopeptidases based on the types of peptide bonds they break.
- Acid Stable Protease: Proteases must be able to survive the harsh acidic environment of the stomach. The acid stable protease in Wheat Rescue may help degrade gluten up to 60x faster than other types of protease.
- Peptidase: Proteases break protein into smaller peptide chains. Gluten is broken down by proteases into the peptides glutenin and gliadin which can be associated with their own immune response by the body. Peptidase works to break down these peptides even further.
- Tolerase: A trademarked endoprotease that aids gluten digestion in the stomach so it is completely broken down before entry to the small intestine.
- Lipase: Lipases are produced by the pancreas and help break down dietary fat. Pancreatic insufficiency is common in gluten-sensitive individuals and is associated with its own issues that may offset benefits of a GF diet.
- Betaine HCl: Hydrochloric acid is a component of stomach secretions responsible for digesting proteins. Strong stomach acid is important for protecting the body from potentially harmful invaders – including partially-digested proteins such as gluten. Low stomach acid or hypochlorhydria is common in food-sensitive individuals. Betaine HCl supports acidification of gastric secretions, and as such helps support normal function of the small intestine and microbiome*.
- Bacillus Subtilis HU58: Known to produce at least twelve flora-balancing compounds, and helps support immunity, inflammation, and Short-Chain Fatty Acid production such as butyrate.
- Bacillus Coagulans SC-208: Uniquely features properties of both Lactobacillus and Bacillus. Supports L-Lactate production which supports immunity and gut defense*. Supports digestion and assimilation of nutrients*, supports balance of normal flora* and SCFA production such as butyrate.
- Saccharomyces boulardii DVBPG 6763: Probiotic fungus / yeast that is resistant to stomach acid supports normal yeast balance* and B-vitamin production*. Supports immunity and gut health*