|Small head Chinese cabbage||1/2 cp. grated daikon radish|
|1-2 cucumbers||¼ cp. water|
|1 cup (or more) alfalfa sprouts||1 TB. umeboshi or balsamic vinegar|
|1 grated carrot||1/4 to ½ cup tahini|
- Wash cabbage, cucumbers, daikon and carrot. You can substitute red radishes for the daikon.
- Slice cabbage thin.
- Slice cucumbers thin and grate carrot and daikon.
- Place cabbage and cucumbers in a colander and mix in 1 tsp. unrefined sea salt.
- Let sit 30-40 minutes in the sink and then rinse to remove the salt.
- Mix in grated carrot, daikon and sprouts.
- Combine water, vinegar and tahini for the dressing. Pour over salad and serve.
- Or use any of your favorite dressings.
- You can add sliced scallions and/or chives; chopped parsley or cilantro.
This salad will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator and is far easier on the digestive system than eating raw salads.
Mixing the vegetables with sea salt and letting it sit for 30-40 minutes will greatly reduce the damp and mucus forming properties of raw vegetables that cause bloating and other issues.