|Small head Chinese cabbage||1/2 cp. grated daikon radish|
|1-2 cucumbers||¼ cp. water|
|1 cup (or more) alfalfa sprouts||1 TB. umeboshi or balsamic vinegar|
|1 grated carrot||1/4 to ½ cup tahini|
- Wash cabbage, cucumbers, daikon and carrot. You can substitute red radishes for the daikon.
- Slice cabbage thin.
- Slice cucumbers thin and grate carrot and daikon.
- Place cabbage and cucumbers in a colander and mix in 1 tsp. unrefined sea salt.
- Let sit 30 minutes in the sink and then rinse.
- Mix in grated carrot, daikon and sprouts.
- Combine dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and serve. Or use any of your favorite dressings.
- You can add sliced scallions and/or chives; chopped parsley or cilantro.
This salad will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator and is far easier on the digestive system than eating raw salads. Mixing the vegetables with sea salt and letting it sit for 30 minutes will greatly reduce the damp and mucus forming properties of raw vegetables.