|1 1/2 cups cooked beets, diced||1/2 small onion sliced thin|
|1/2 cup fresh fennel, diced||Sea salt and pepper to taste|
|1 1/2 TB. extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil||1 1/2 TB. pine nuts|
|3 TB. fresh lemon juice (or vinegar)||Crumbled goat or sheep feta (optional) or Vegan Cheese|
|1 Avocado, diced||Arugula or Romaine|
- Peel, quarter, and boil beets in salted water about 25-30 minutes.
- Dice fennel and avocado.
- Combine vegetables and place on a bed of romaine or arugula.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon (or vinegar), salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables.
- Top with pine nuts and goat or sheep feta.
- Serve warm or as a cold salad.