This recipe is part of my series on Culinary Alchemy: Flavors for Health and Weight. The ingredients in this recipe are effective for helping to reverse certain types of weight and health imbalances. Subscribe to e-newsletters to read all the details.
|1½ cups turnips||pinch of unrefined sea salt|
1½ cups carrots
1-2 TB.Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cps. fresh collard greens
1 tsp. dried marjoram
white pepper to taste
- Cut the turnips in half lengthwise and then cut each half in quarters.
- Cut the carrots on the diagonal in a size similar to the turnips.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with the olive oil. Add the vegetables. Sprinkle with salt, white pepper and marjoram.
- Cover with foil and shake the pan to coat the vegetables with the oil and the salt, pepper and marjoram.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Chop the collard greens and steam for 8-10 minutes. Arrange on a serving platter and place the roasted vegetables on top.