- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free pastry flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda (non-aluminum)
- pinch of unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or soft (not melted) coconut oil
- 1/4 cup each: pure maple syrup and brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup raisins (currants can be substituted)
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Measure dry ingredients (first 7 ingredients) in a large bowl.
- Combine brown rice syrup, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil or vegan butter in a small bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Add water to the well and mix thoroughly with a spoon or your hands until well combined. If using hands, wet them first. The batter will be a little sticky.
- Fold in raisins and walnuts
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto an oiled cookie sheet, or line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Flatten each cookie slightly
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes until golden around edges
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container. Cookies firm up as they cool.
You might also enjoy