- one cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- pinch of unrefined sea salt
- coconut oil
- roasted walnuts
- Place oats and water in saucepan with pinch of sea salt
- Bring to a boil and add diced sweet potato and dried cranberries or raisins
- Turn heat to a simmer and stir in cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and coriander
- Cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Place walnuts on a cookie sheet and roast in 325 degree over for 15 minutes
- Stir a heaping tsp. of coconut oil into each bowl of oats
- coarsely chop the walnuts and add to each bowl
If you need a sweetener use brown rice syrup, raw honey, or pure maple syrup to taste. I personally do not need any sweetener.
Use butternut squash cut in chunks or pumpkin instead of sweet potato. You could also use canned pumpkin puree.
You can use vegan milk of your choice if desired
Roasting nuts removes excess fat from them and makes the nuts easier to digest.
Substitute almonds, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts for the walnuts, or use a combination of your favorite nuts or seeds.